This article provides the steps to manage DNS zones via the Edge Hosting Customer Portal. If you prefer a video of this KB, please see our YouTube video on DNS Management.
To manage DNS via the Customer Portal, you must be an Administrator or a Support Contact. Please contact your system administrator and s/he can configure the permissions for you.
- Log into the Customer Portal. During the initial setup of your account, you will be provided with a username and password to log into the Customer Portal. Your first user will be the administrative user to verify the account. Should you need to reset the password for your account, click the Trouble Logging In link. You may then enter either your email address or username depending on whether you wish to recover/reset the username or password for the account.
- Click the Manage DNS option to add, modify, or delete a DNS zone.
- A list of domains associated with your account will be shown. If a domain is not shown but has been pointed to Edge Hosting's nameservers previously (before DNS was available via the portal), please contact us. Otherwise, you may add a DNS zone by clicking the New Zone link. No DNS Zones Configured:
DNS Zones Configured:
- Upon clicking New Zone, you will be prompted to enter in the domain name for the zone. Enter in the domain and click Create Zone.
- Go back to the DNS zone listing and click the domain you added. The default zone will have just Edge Hosting's namesevers listed. To add new DNS records, click New Record and add the additional records as shown below.
- Once done adding the DNS records, click Commit Changes. Note that it can take up to 30-60 minutes for DNS changes to be live.