For customers using Windows 8 and the AnyConnect VPN, there are a different set of instructions to make the client work properly. The error reported is typically: The VPN client driver has encountered an error.
To fix this, open the registry on your computer and view HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\vpnva. Check the DisplayName data value. It should be reported as Cisco AnyConnect VPN Virtual Miniport Adapter for Windows x64. If there is any other data there, edit it out and then try connecting. If there are still errors, try the following:
- Start IE running as "Administrator".
- Visit the site of the VPN (the firewall URL).
- Click Continue to this website (accepting the self-signed SSL).
- Click the red X certificate button on the address bar. Click View Certificates.
- Click the Install Certificate button.
- Install the certificate to the "Trusted Root Certificate Authorities".