Subject: Systems and Communications Protections: Ordering an SSL through the Customer Portal
Type of Security Control: Administrative
The purpose of this procedure is to define the actions to be taken to order an SSL Certificate or generate a CSR through the DataBank Customer Portal.
Applies to: External
Description: This procedure will outline the steps taken to order an SSL through the DataBank Customer Portal including how to generate a CSR and Key if the SSL is ordered elsewhere.
Applicable Compliance Statements: TBD
Access to Databank Customer Portal
Service Level Agreements: NA
1. Log into the customer portal at DataBank Customer Portal.
2. Once logged in, click Dashboard.
3. Click SSL Management.
4. Click Order an SSL Certificate.
5. Select the radio button for the type of SSL you wish to order. If you are not sure of the differences or what to order, please see our KB on Types of SSLs. NOTE: The option to only generate a CSR and Key is also in this list if you choose to order the SSL elsewhere.
6. Fill out the form. The SSL common name is the important part. In terms of SSL orders, www.domain.com is NOT the same as domain.com. Most customers choose www.domain.com as their common name.
7. By default, the SSL will renew automatically. To opt out, choose I do not want to automatically renew this certificate.
8. Accept the Terms & Agreements.
9. Click Purchase Your SSL.
10. The SSL is automatically ordered (or the CSR and Key automatically generated) and sent off to the vendor. The vendor may require additional information to validate your request.
11. Once the SSL is issued, the DataBank Support team will install the SSL for you on the server you selected in the order form.
Owner: Director of Support
Questions: Director of Support
Effective Date: 07/03/2017
Last Reviewed Date: 01/18/2019
Last Reviewed by: DataBank Security
Next Review Date: 01/2020