This article explains the creation of a new Virtual Directory in IIS7.
Dedicated, Colocated, and Virtual Machines running the Windows Operating System 2008 with IIS7 installed.
To create a new Virtual Directory in IIS7, please follow the steps below.
- Log into the server via Remote Desktop.
- Open Internet Information Services Manager (IIS) by going to Start > Run and typing inetmgr or clicking the link on the Desktop.
- Expand the Local Computer tree.
- Expand the Sites tree, right-click the site for which a Virtual Directory is being added and choose Add New Virtual Directory.
5. Enter in the Virtual Directory name and Physical Path and click OK. For example, if you want to add a Virtual Directory to CFIDE, the
Alias name would be CFIDE and the physical path would be similar to C:\inetpub\wwwroot\CFIDE (depending on server configuration).