This article explains the creation of a new site in IIS6.
Dedicated, Colocated, and Virtual Machines running the Windows Operating System 2003 with IIS6 installed.
To create a new website in IIS6, please follow the steps below. Note that if you are adding a CFIDE virtual directory, you must follow the additional steps outlined in Securing CFIDE.
- Log into the server via Remote Desktop.
- Open Internet Information Services Manager (IIS) by going to Start > Run and typing inetmgr or clicking the link on the Desktop.
- Expand the Local Computer tree.
- Right-click Web Sites and choose New > Web Site...
- Enter a description for the website. It is best to enter in the domain to keep it simple and to assist support in the future should problems arise.
- Choose the IP address the site should be on from the drop down list, enter the port as port 80, and add the host header. The host header value for a domain such as domain.com would be www.domain.com. Click Next.
- Enter in the physical path where the website files will be stored.
- Check the checkbox for anonymous access and click Next. Click the checkboxes for Read and Run Scripts and click Next.
- The site is now configured in IIS.