This article explains how to add a new domain to SmarterMail as the system administrator.
Dedicated, Colocated, and Virtual Machines running the Windows Operating System with SmarterMail installed.To add a new domain to SmarterMail, follow the steps below.
- Log into SmarterMail admin as the system administrative user. This is typically located at http://<server_ip_address>:9998
- Once logged in, click Settings on the left side toolbar.
- Next to that, select the drop down for New > Domain.
- Fill out the required fields in the pop-up window such as the domain name under Name, an administrative user, and a secure administrative password.
- Click the Technical tab and select the checkbox for Require SMTP Authentication. This will ensure that users/scripts authenticate for added security before sending mail. Configure the other options as you see fit and click Save when done. The domain is now set up and will need to be added to DNS to match the IP address of the site in SmarterMail.