Some ColdFusion functionality requires access to files in the CFIDE directory. By default, websites will not have this configured so the Virtual Directory needs to be added.
In order to add the Virtual Directory mapping in IIS to CFIDE, perform the following task:
- Log into the server via Remote Desktop and open IIS.
- In IIS right click on the root of the website and select "New" -> "Virtual Directory...".
- Click "Next".
- For the "Alias" enter "CFIDE" and click "Next".
- For the path enter "C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\CFIDE" and click "Next".
- Allow "Read" permissions and click "Next".
- Click "Finish". The mapping is now created and the website will use it.